Postdoctoral research position in Edinburgh
Research Associate in Natural Language Generation and incremental
Spoken Dialogue Systems for Hyper-local Search
Salary £36,862 - £44,016
Applications are sought for a Research Associate post in the
Interaction Lab in the School of Mathematical and Computer Sciences.
The Research Associate will work primarily on an adventurous new EC
FP7 project "PARLANCE" to investigate and develop incremental, dynamic
spoken dialogue systems for hyper-local search, in particular, working
on data-driven Natural Language Generation (NLG).
The post is available for 36 months (starting November 2011) in the
first instance, with possible opportunities for extension.
- Experience (at PhD level or equivalent) with machine learning and/or
Spoken Dialogue Systems and/or NLG systems.
- Programming ability in Java and/or C++ and/or Python
- Experience with collection and analysis of dialogue data.
- Background in Natural Language Generation
- Experience in incremental Spoken Dialogue Systems
- Experience with user simulations and/or user modelling
- Experience of evaluation methodologies for dialogue interfaces
and/or NLG systems.
- Familiarity with Reinforcement Learning theory and tools.
- Experience in statistical modelling and analysis.
- Collaborative research experience.
- Publications and existing international research profile in the
field of spoken dialogue systems and/or Natural Language Generation.
Informal enquiries may be made to Dr Helen Hastie, via
H.Hastie@hw.ac.uk or +44 131 451 3344.
Additional information may also be found on the University, School and
CS WWW pages: http:// www.macs.hw.ac.uk/interactionlab
How to apply
Completed application forms may be returned by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
or by post to Heriot-Watt University, Human Resources, Edinburgh EH14
4AS. Tel. +44 (0) 131 451 3022 (24 hours), Minicom +44 (0) 131 451