Datamining postdoctoral position
Datamining postdoctoral position at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical CenterDatamining postdoctoral position at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center https://research.cchmc.org/solti/
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Contact: email@example.com Position: Predictive Modeling and Data Mining Postdoctoral Research Fellow
- Postdoctoral Fellow/Research Associate position in Clinical Informatics at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center.
- Predictive modeling of patients' clinical outcomes based on the content of the electronic health record.
- Building stochastic and knowledge based models to predict changes in the patients clinical status and predict prognosis.
- Funding is secured for 2 years (extension subject to availability of funding)
- MSc (PhD preferred) in Computer Science, Physics or Biomedical Informatics, Bioinformatics, Epidemiology, Biostatistics or other quantitative disciplines
- Understanding of data mining principles
- Knowledge of statistical longitudinal data analysis and predictive modeling
- Experience with machine learning packages
- Experience with data mining packages
- Experience with statistical software packages
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Experience and training in working with large data sets
- Established programming skills necessary for data manipulation and analysis (this is not a programmer position but basic understanding of programming principles and programming skills are required)
- Excellent skills in scientific writing evidenced by first and co-author publications (candidates with PhD)
Duties (with the guidance of the supervising faculty):
- Prepare, clean and analyze data
- Present results
- Assist in writing publications
- Submit one Career Development Award application (candidates with PhD)
- Assist in preparing grant applications
Salary and benefits:
- We offer competitive salary and a generous benefit package.
- We will sponsor H1B visa for qualified candidate.
- Division of Biomedical Informatics at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center (CCHMC) in Cincinnati, Ohio, USA.
- Cincinnati Children's is one of the top three largest pediatric hospitals of the United States with more than one million patient-physician encounters annually. In FY10 CCHMC was second among children's hospitals on the NIH funding list. The hospital has a fully integrated electronic health record and research data warehouse with research data for more than one million patients. The Division of Biomedical Informatics manages the research data warehouse and provides access to the data for Children's faculty. The successful candidate will join two postdoctoral fellows working on clinical text mining projects, a senior and a junior software developers, and two data annotators. Further details on the hiring lab are available at https://research.cchmc.org/solti/
Contact: Please, email CV to: Imre.Solti@cchmc.org
Please, email CV to: Imre.Solti@cchmc.org